Friday, July 9, 2010

My first blog...eeks!

As many of my friends and family have started their own blogs, I have been inspired to begin my own. I look forward to composing a blog myself. I don't expect to be deep or profound, just to share my own thoughts.

I have much to look forward to as the summer begins to close. I am still serving as the Child Care Coordinator at Trinity Lutheran Church and School in Litchfield Park, AZ. This year I am also getting the opportunity to get back into the teaching the subject I love! Math! I will be teaching the Advanced Algebra class for the middle school, as well as Applied Pre-Algebra.

This will be my fourth year in the Phoenix, Arizona area. I have always said that I would trade the AZ sun for Midwest snow any day! Our weather is beautiful, except for the extreme heat during the months of July-September, which are still tolerable. Whenever Korey and I have friends and family visit, they always comment on the mountains and palm trees (as well as saguaros) that surround us. To be honest, when we first moved here, I felt the same way. I think I take them for granted anymore. Every now and then I catch myself and stop to appreciate the mountains and the creation God has given us in AZ.

So here's my first question to those who will follow my blogging: What is something you often take for granted? How do you remind yourself to stop and "appreciate the mountains"?

TRODD

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog so far! Can't wait to see what is all up in your life.

    Your post makes me think. I've been struggling with learning to be content. I think the thing I take for granted is family. In general, I guess. I am so blessed, in so many ways. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! I think that like Rachel, I too am struggling with being content. I often feel the pull to want more and more and more. But I am soo blessed to have a caring and loving husband, family, and friends!

    ReplyDelete